How can I add instructor(s)?
How do I use the Data Import Tool to upload multiple instructors?
Start by clicking the Settings tab on the left-hand side of your admin portal and clicking the “Data Import Tool.”
Data Import Tool is a powerful data processing tool which allows you to upload large amounts of data in a quick and organized manner. Simply prepare your spreadsheet with a .csv extension containing your teachers' information, or download our template by clicking “Download Instructor CSV Template File”.
Let's take a look at the fields required for a successful upload:
- Required fields:
- instructor-id: your internal ID, no special form is required
- school-id: required only if you have more than one school, no special form is required
- first name: teachers' first names are required
- email: teachers' email addresses are required. Teachers will use their email address to log in.
- last name: will help you more easily sort through your instructor list in the future
- phone: will be helpful if you need to be able to quickly contact a teacher.
- password: if your CSV doesn't contain teacher passwords, the instructors will be sent an email inviting them to set up their password.
- action: use the word "update" for all rows in your spreadsheet to add or update instructors, or the word "delete" to remove them.
Once you have created your CSV file, make sure to save it, return to the Data Import Tool page, and upload the file. Uploading may take a couple of minutes depending on the size of the file. Check the Instructors tab to make sure the teachers from your spreadsheet have populated in your account.
Create a .csv file with classes for bulk upload.
How to give an instructor school administrator permissions.
Learn how to easily set up your district account.
How to change instructor permissions.