Custom placement test
Teachers have the ability to create placement tests in their custom lesson plans. Once created and assigned, the placement test will unlock skills that students are already proficient in. Remember that students will not receive credit for unlocked lessons.
Step 1: Create custom placement test
Placement tests can be added to a lesson plan by following these steps:
- Go to Lesson Plans.
- Select one of the lesson plans listed under My Lesson Plans and click View/Edit Lessons. You won't be able to edit any of the lesson plans managed by EdClub or other teachers.
- Click the plus sign to add a new lesson.
- Select a lesson type (the recommended lesson type is Standard Typing Engine).
- Enter your desired text and under Lesson Objective check This lesson is a placement test.
- When you're finished, save the lesson by clicking Save.
Step 2: Assign custom placement test to your class
Once the placement test has been created, you will go back to the specific class and enable it:
- Go to Classes and select your class.
- Click Assignments.
- Find custom lesson plan in the list of lesson plans assigned to your class and click Options.
- Click Enable Lesson Plan Placement Test.
- Click Update Options to save your changes.
To view a student's placement test score, go to Students Your student Activity Log. Then select Placement Test from the dropdown. A class-wide placement test report is coming soon.