If you have a subscription to edclub's School Edition, you will have access to advanced reporting tools to monitor your students' progress in terms of typing speed.
School-based speed reports
To assess the speed of your school, go to Analytics Schools. There you can use the filters to view aggregate school data for a selected time frame, show the growth on detailed view, and export the report into a spreadsheet.
Class-based speed reports
This report allows you to track students' typing speed in a class. It can be found by going to Classes Your class Reports Activity Summary Report. This report includes a range of data including the average typing speed per student. Teachers can run the report for any given time period. The activity sheet is exportable into a CSV file.
For more detailed information, go to Analytics Classes. There you can use the filters to view class data for a selected time frame, show the growth on detailed view, and export the report into a spreadsheet.
Course-based speed reports
This set of reports allows you to track your class's typing speed on a specific course. These reports can be found by going to Classes Your class Assignments View Stats:
- Speed Comparison: This chart displays your class's typing speed in a given course and compares it to the same grade as well as the rest of your account.
- Progress Overview: Click the Speed (WPM) box to view the evolution of typing speed in a given course in your class.
- Class Placement: Speed: This histogram shows the standing of your class in terms of speed, as well as the highest and average speed in a given course.
The above reports show typing speed in a specific course. If students work on a number of different courses, you'll be able to pick the course you'd like to see stats for.
Student-based speed reports
This set of reports allows you to view the typing speed for an individual student. To view these reports, go to Students Your student Reports Typing Performance Analysis. Once on this page, scroll down to review the following charts:
- Progress Overview: Click the Speed (WPM) box to view the individual student's evolution of typing speed in a given course.
- Keyboard Mastery: The color-coded keyboard shows speed and accuracy for each character. The darker the blue, the faster the character. You can click any character to view the student's typing speed for that particular character.
- Finger Mastery: The chart shows the current speed for each individual hand and finger.
- Speed and Accuracy per Character: The chart displays student's fastest and slowest character.
- Typing Speed: This chart is unique for each course. It compares student's typing speed in a given course to the rest of their grade and class.
- Class Placement: Speed: This histogram shows the student's standing in class in terms of speed.