Now that your students have finished a year of TypingClub, it is time to move them and their progress along to the next grade. This is easily accomplished by either using the Move Up One Grade button or uploading an updated CSV file.
Update grade level only
To simply move your students up one grade, but not change any other profile details or their enrollments, use this method:
- Go to Students.
- Click the checkboxes next to students who need to be moved up a grade, or select all.
- Click More Actions.
- Click the Move Up One Grade button.
Update grade level and other information
- To update your student profiles, including grade and other details such as username, email, et cetera, you can export a CSV file of students currently in your account by going to Students Export CSV.
- Open the spreadsheet and update your students' information. You can also add new students to the list to upload them to your account. Save your file and go to Students Add Student Import/Update Students.
- You will see information about what you can include in your CSV file. When your file is ready, click Choose File to upload it.
- You will see a preview of your list of students and headings for each column. You can change these headings if they are incorrect. When you're finished, click Finalize Import.
- Each record will either have a green Success or red Failed label as well as a note regarding the status. Review your results to ensure that each student was updated successfully. You will see that any new info you included in the CSV file is now reflected in the system under each student!