Update student profiles
When student information needs to be updated, you can do so on a one-by-one basis or in bulk.
Update individual student profiles
- Go to Students and click open a student's profile.
- Click Edit Student on top of the screen.
- You will see the student's first and last name, email address, username, password, grade, school (if applicable), and any applied accessibility settings. Make the necessary changes and click Update Student.
Bulk-update student profiles
When you export your student list, it will include each student's full profile details including their username, password, and email address. You can use this CSV to quickly reference each student's login credentials as needed. To generate the CSV file, go to Students Export CSV. You can use the filters on the student tab to narrow down the list before you export or use your preferred spreadsheet software to filter the data. Download a CSV template file here: Update Students Wizard CSV template.
- To update your student profiles, including grade and other details such as username, email, et cetera, you can export a CSV file of students currently in your account by going to Students Export CSV.
- Open the spreadsheet and update your students' information. You can also add new students to the list to upload them to your account. Save your file and go to Students Add Student Import/Update Students.
- You will see information about what you can include in your CSV file. When your file is ready, click Choose File to upload it.
- You will see a preview of your list of students and headings for each column. You can change these headings if they are incorrect. When you're finished, click Finalize Import.
- Each record will either have a green Success or red Failed label as well as a note regarding the status. Review your results to ensure that each student was updated successfully. You will see that any new info you included in the CSV file is now reflected in the system under each student!