Set up student logins
Each school account has its own unique URL which was chosen when the account was created. To log in, all teachers and students should go to their school account's URL. All teachers sign in using their email address. Students can either use an email/username and password combo or a single sign-on option.
Login options available in TypingClub
Admins can customize the login options available to access your school's TypingClub account by going to Settings Account Settings Login Options. In general, students can log in using the following options:
- Username and password: Assign each student a unique username and password when creating their profiles.
- Email and password: Provide students' email addresses and passwords when creating their profiles.
- Google single sign-on Include your students' Google email address in the email field when creating their profiles. You don't need to include a password as the account authentication happens through Google.
- Microsoft 365 single sign-on: Include your students' Microsoft 365 email address in the email field when creating their profiles.
- Clever and ClassLink single sign-on: If your account's data is managed by one of these providers, students can access their accounts through their respective single sign-on options.
Troubleshoot unsuccessful logins
Students often encounter problems when logging in. To help them access their accounts, try one of the following options:
Check the URL
When your school signed up for TypingClub, the account creator chose a unique portal URL for all teachers and students to use when logging in. It looks something like http://school-name.typingclub.com, where school-name is your school's name or your district's name.
You will not be able to sign in at www.typingclub.com with your school account credentials.
Double-check your login method
Teachers always log in with their email address and password. Students can log in with any of the login options listed above, depending on which information is provided in students' profiles. If you're unsure how your students should be logging in, check any student's profile (Edit Student) to see what kind of information is entered.
Ensure you have been added to your school's TypingClub account
Teachers and students must be registered with their school's account and enrolled in a class before they can start working on their lessons. If you're a teacher unable to log in, reach out to your account admin - they can either reset your password or add you to the account as a new instructor.