Adjust class-wide difficulty level
The difficulty level of Typing Jungle is designed to progressively increase as students progress through the lesson plan. The minimum speed goal starts at 3 WPM and, over the course of over 650 lessons, the goal increases to a challenging speed of 75 WPM. If you feel that the difficulty of the lesson plan does not match the skill level of your students, you can change the difficulty level of the lessons in terms of accuracy and/or words per minute.
To quickly change the difficulty of a lesson plan, follow the next steps:
- Go to Classes and click open your class.
- Click Assignments. You'll see an overview of the lesson plans assigned to the class.
- Each lesson plan or assignment has a set of options that can be customized. You can adjust the difficulty of the lesson plan to have a higher or lower speed and accuracy requirement:
- Adjust speed: To adjust the speed requirement for your class, input the adjustment value to increase or decrease the level of difficulty for your students. For example, if your current speed goal is 15 WPM and you'd like to raise it to 20 WPM, adjust the value by +5 WPM.
- Adjust accuracy: The value set here will be the minimum accuracy required to pass all lessons in the lesson plan. The goal accuracy of 100% is implied.
- Click Update Options and you will see the new requirement reflected in the overview of the lesson plan.
This method allows you to adjust the passing requirements for your class without affecting any other classes. However, this method does not allow you to customize requirements on a per-lesson basis. You are simply increasing or lowering the difficulty level for the lesson plan as a whole.